Advances in Applied Mathematics
in memoriam of Professor Saul Abarbanel, Tel Aviv University, December 18 - 20, 2018
- The city of Tel Aviv, Israel, is served by Ben Gurion International Airport (TLV).
- Getting from the airport to the city of Tel Aviv:
- By taxi: A cab ride takes about 20-40 minutes (depending on traffic) and costs about 160 New Israeli Shekels (NIS). During rush hours (Sunday to Thursday, 7am-10am and 4pm-6pm) consider riding on the train instead.
- By train (and then taxi): A train ride from the airport to the city takes about 15 minutes and costs 12 NIS. The University campus is a 5 minute walk from the "University station." Downtown Tel Aviv and the hotel area are a 10 to 15 minute taxi drive from the "Tel Aviv Center - Savidor" station; it costs 20-30 NIS. The webisite for Israeli Railways is here.
- A convenient application to call a cab from your smartphone is Gett.
- Getting around the city of Tel Aviv:
- Public transporation: The two major local bus companies are Dan and Egged. Their routes and timetables can be checked directly at the respective company websites (unfortunately, some information may not be available in English).
- Tel Aviv University Campus Map (includes dining options).
- Additional travel resources: Wikitravel, Moovit.
- Further travel inquiries: Ms. Galit Herzberg (click here for additional contact information).
- The following hotels in the city of Tel Aviv have been notified of the upcoming conference and are expecting our guests:
- If you prefer not to book your hotel directly, please e-mail Ms. Galit Herzberg or call +972-3-640-5365.